Well that was about when my phone started to buzz - a text was coming through;
"Re-live the 70s with DJ Jay tonight, 10.30pm at Telawi Street Bistro. Come in your funkiest outfits and receive a cocktail FREE! Call 03 22843168 for more info."
How cliché. I guess my whole life is a cliché come to think about it.
But thats pretty much when, I decided I was going to throw on some colour, practice my hustle and hit the dance floors that Thursday night. I was in Telawi Street Bistro at aproximately 10.30pm (+/-) and already the place was so lively. There's just something about us and all things retro that just kicks us right in the derrière. I was almost instantly bobbing my head and swaying my body, when there weren't that many people present yet. But nobody that was there cared, everyone was bobbing and swaying just like I was. Not a care in the world, reminiscing the good old days, all social walls brought down temporarily. (Note:operative word being temporarily)
Everybody eventually got their grove on, and we were all just rocking it up at TSB. It didn't matter if you were on the dance floor or not - if you knew the song and you felt like dancing you just when ahead and did exactly that. I had to take five, and headed for the ladies. Half way through they started playing Eurythmic's - Sweet Dreams, and I just went berserk right in front of the mirror! Another one of the crowd's favourite that night was September by Earth, Wind & Fire.
This is definitely a night to re-visit. I almost can't wait for Thursday to come. Bring on them bell bottoms!
1 comment:
This is great info to know.
Post a Comment