
Are you the kind of person that needs that perfect cup of coffee first thing in the morning?
I know I am. Sometimes, that first cup of coffee, can determine the tone of my day. So you can imagine, paying for coffee that's burnt, too frothy, or just discomforting - especially on a black Monday!
Well, that was before I discovered illy, a brand of coffee produced in Trieste, Italy, that has finally found it's way onto the Malaysian market. By golly! To think that all these years, we have been missing out on this fine Italian coffee experience. Time to catch up now.
Working in Bangsar, illycaffè is very easily accessible, as the La Bodega chain of outlets serves you more than just a cup of illy coffee, but the whole Italian experience along with it. I have my illy, flat white every morning at La Bodega Deli, before stepping into the ruckus that is work.
This was my experience with my illy:
The minute I stepped into the Deli (La Bodega Deli), I was almost instantly hit by the soothing aroma of the exotic coffee being brewed by the barista. I couldn't help but lap-up the smells, ignoring the fact that I may have looked like a fool at that moment. I could almost taste it on my tongue, and as if agreeing with me, my tummy growled softly. I swirled around to face the waiter ushering me in, and asked him what the barrista was brewing (all this while trying my level best to contain the liquids in my watering mouth from sipping out - which would have ultimately proven my earlier feeling of foolishness). He smiled and said, 'Ah, that is our very special illycaffè - from Italy - would you like to try it? -' 'Yes!' was my answer, cutting him off almost too excitedly. I love the traditional latte, and ordered for it, and thats when he introduced me to flat white, a stronger, less frothy version of the latte.Why not? It was a day for new things. My flat white came to me smelling divine, melting away every biting thought and worry, filling-in all the empty spaces. I just remained that way - head bent over cup - soaking-in every minute of comfort and resilience I could get from it. (I must have looked like I was nursing a hangover) Then, I picked up the brilliant coffee masterpiece, and brought it (quite slowly I must add) closer to my already flooding mouth. Oooohhh... Nothing can describe what I felt at that precise moment when illy coffee hit my palate, tantalizing every taste bud... Pow! bitter...Pow! sweet.. Pow! a slight creaminess.. Pow! Pow! Pow! just taste after taste, erupting almost all at once, and then almost immediately again, blending into each other so smoothly as it trickled down my throat, leaving my tongue lapping for more... Whoa! It's no wonder people are starting to classify coffee as an aphrodisiac.
The waiters must have seen the satisfaction on my face, because just before I left they told me where I could find illy heaven right here in KL. Oh yes, you read it right. Apparently, the new mall called Pavilion Kuala Lumpur in Bukit Bintang (Star Hill) has an illy coffeehouse called espressamente illy. The very first of it's kind from Italy, to arrive on Malaysian shores. And the bar is filled with the works; caffè fredo, caffè caldo, affogato, gelato, biscotti, and even caffè corretto and other alcoholic coffee beverages. Plus, these beverages are complimented with an exciting food menu offering an array of ala carte items from sandwiches to pastas!
All thats left for me to say is... Starwhat?
2 comments:
Thank you for your comment, and I beleive that what you say is true.
the mouth is just watering....
s
Post a Comment